Good Afternoon, Shasta Meadows,
This is Mrs. Gold with your weekly update. I have 5 things to share with you about the week ahead: If you prefer, you can hang up now and instead, read the email version of this call.
1) Our office hours have changed. We continue to open at 7 AM but now close at 3:30 PM. You can always leave a message on our phone 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. We attend to messages first thing in the morning.
2) Your child should have come home with information about our annual cookie dough and Believe fundraiser. We are so excited that our dedicated PTO team was able to figure out a way to continue this tradition in a new way (just one more thing that Covid has affected). This is our big fundraiser, the one that our school focuses on so that you aren’t bombarded with small and competing fundraisers all year long. The only other fundraisers we do are the Jog-a-thon in February and our Harvest Carnival (both of which may or may not happen depending on health dept. guidelines). Get started by going online and creating your own order link for family and friends to use when ordering their cookie dough and/or Believe items. Refer to the letter and instructions that came home with your child, go to the email version of this call and click the link, or just go to www.ShopFund.com and get started.
3) Speaking of PTO, our amazing team of parents (that includes you) are meeting for their monthly PTO gathering on Tuesday the 14th at 6:30 in our library. In the past, we have had plenty of room in the library to keep 6 feet of distance between adults, but if we get a huge response to this invitation, we will relocate to a larger space. Please plan to wear a mask while indoors on campus.
4) Please be advised that our district is having a stakeholder input meeting regarding plans for Emergency Relief Funds. This is a Zoom meeting, so not in person. Please check our website or the flyer on our front doors for the meeting ID and passcode. Everyone is welcome to Zoom in and contribute ideas.
5) Finally, I just want to report that our on-site Covid testing system is up and running and going smoothly. We were able to test an entire class in about 20 minutes. This was possible because parents had gone onto the website and signed the testing consent ahead of time. You may want to take the time to use a computer and go onto your Powerschool Parent Portal to sign a consent this weekend. In the event that your child’s class is put on Modified Quarantine and your child needs to be tested twice in the 7-day quarantine period, you will be ready. Please know that you can always call or come into the office to revoke your testing consent if you choose and that the nurse or I will ALWAYS call you to tell you about planned testing...and if you choose you can take care of testing at the facility of your choice or keep your child home during the quarantine period. We just want to try to make this easier for you.
See you on Monday for our weekly minimum day Monday.
Have a wonderful afternoon.